RULES 'Win a Trip to the Southern Alps' Aoraki Smokehouse Promotion
Important: Please read these rules before entering this online Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
“Win a Trip to the Southern Alps of NZ” Aoraki Smokehouse competition (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. New Zealand Standard time on 21st September 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. New Zealand Daylight time on 25th November 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted outside the Entry Period are void. The promoters of this Promotion are Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd (“Aoraki Smokehouse”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT
INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to residents of New Zealand. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Mt Cook Alpine Salmon in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd and any of their respective, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entrants must be able to access the internet and must have a valid email address.
3. Disclaimer: Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for any of the following where caused by factors beyond their reasonable control: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions of entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd or by non-authorised human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
4. Identity of Entrant:In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorised account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential prize winners may be required to provide Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd with proof that they are the authorised account holder of the e-mail address associated with the relevant winning entry. Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd reserve the right to disqualify, in their sole discretion, any entries that appear to be generated by a macro, script or other automated means.
5. Entry: To enter the Promotion, visit www.aorakisalmon.com during the Entry Period, and sign-up to receive email newsletters. By entering this Promotion you are accepting our terms and conditions and agreeing to receive emails from Aoraki Smokehouse (Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd) from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
6. Prizes: There is one (1) prize to be won. Prize includes: Return flights for 2 people, lodging for 2 nights for 2 people at the Hermitage Hotel or equivalent in Mt Cook Village and rental car. (i) round-trip, economy airline tickets for the Selected Contestant and one (1) guest, aged 19 or over unless they are the Selected Contestant’s child, (“Guest”) on or about April-May 2019, from a major commercial airport airport nearest the Selected Contestant’s home in New Zealand (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Queenstown. (ii) 2 nights lodging at the Hermitage Mt Cook (subject to availability), or similar lodgings in Mt Cook Village or Twizel as selected by Sponsor (double occupancy). (iii) a 4WD rental car of the sponsors choosing, will be provided for up to 3 days, picked-up and returned from Queenstown airport. A Freshwater King Salmon farm tour and dinner for 2 people for 2 days at Accommodation onsite restaurant is included. Total prize valued at up to $2,000NZD.
Conditions of the Prize: The Selected Contestant and Guest must travel and redeem the Grand Prize during the date range determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (April 2019 – May 2019) or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Dates are subject to change. Not withstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel times acceptable to the Selected Contestant and Guest. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. Sponsor will determine the airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion or (on pre-agreeance with the Contestant via email). The sponsor will arrange flights . Contestant will be responsible for any additional expenses not outlined as part of prize.
No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsor will not be responsible if the Selected Content or Guest miss any portion of the trip for any reason. Travel and lodging are subject to availability. The Selected Contestant and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having any required travel-related documents (including valid government-issued photo identification, passport and any required visas) prior to departure and fulfilling all other travel and security requirements. Travel is subject to the Official Rules set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
Package excludes: The Grand Prize does not include any expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, travel to and from the departure airport the Northern Hemisphere Region, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the Selected Contestant and Guest. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, passes, travel vouchers or certificates. No insurance is provided as part of the Grand Prize, and obtaining any insurance (such as travel insurance, health, accident or medical insurance, or property loss or damage insurance) is the sole responsibility of the Selected Contestant and Guest. The Selected Contestant is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use.
Travel is at own risk: Any and all activities related to the Grand Prize, including without limitation flying, are at the Selected Contestant’s and Guest’s own risk, including the risk of death, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern activities. The Selected Contestant is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of Guest.
Total approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): NZD$2,000. Actual value of each Grand Prize may vary from approximate retail value. The Selected Contestant will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from all entrants who submitted an eligible entry on www.aorakislmon.com. Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of chance. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind. No prize transfer, assignment or substitutions is permitted. Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. Odds of Winning; Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd .
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential prize winner will be selected and notified by 12th November 2018. Potential prize winner will receive an email notification from Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd. To claim a prize, potential prize winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification and reply within five (5) days of attempted notification. As a condition of being awarded any prize, potential prize winner will be required, within five (5) days of receipt of documents from Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd, to verify their correct address. Failure of a prize winner to respond within the specified time may result in forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner of that prize from the remaining eligible entries. Only up to three (3) alternate winners may be chosen otherwise the prize in question will remain un-awarded.
9. Publicity Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission for Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd to use a prize winner’s name, hometown, likeness, voice, and prize information for promotional activities connected to the Promotion without further payment or consideration.
10.General Release. Insofar as is permitted by law, Mt Cook Alpine salmon Ltd and the Released Parties will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Promotion or taking up a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or the Released Parties. Your statutory rights are not affected.
11.Disputes: This Promotion and these Official Rules shall be governed by the law of New Zealand and the parties both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the country of your residence.
12.Binding Effect: By participating in this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice) and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Official Rules, the Promotion and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. All applicable country and local laws and regulations apply.
13.Copyright Notice. Aoraki Smokehouse is a trademark of Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd.
14.Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd (the “Promoters”), which are final and binding in all respects. Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in their sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorised human intervention or other causes beyond Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltds control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, and Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd otherwise becomes (as determined in their sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd, the Promotion or any other entrant are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to attn: Marketing, email@example.com
15.Promoters: Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Ltd, Level 3, 26 Hawthorne Drive, Frankton, Queenstown New Zealand.