- Trim the leaves from the stalks of the swiss chard.
- Boil separately until cooked (the stalks require longer cooking). Chill immediately and spin or
- Spread the leaves over the bottom half of the rolling mat closest to you.
- Add the smoked salmon and stalks across the leading edge of the spinach leaves.
- Roll tightly. Use the mat to squeeze out any residual water.
- Slice into four roll pieces, stand on end and dress with sesame seed sauce. (Kewpie does a roasted sesame dressing available in most supermarkets, or you could make it from scratch*).
*Sesame Seed Sauce:
– ½ cup of hull on sesame seeds (substitute 1 tbsp tahini)
– 1 tbsp japanese soy sauce
– 1 tbsp mirin (alcohol burnt off)
– ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Grind the seeds into a paste using the mortar and pestle.
Stir in the oil, soy sauce & mirin.