SHARE THIS Recipe
- Stir the yeast, salt, 1 desert spoon of oil and the sugar into the warm water.
- Add the flour bit by bit until a loose kneadable dough is formed. Knead for a couple of minutes.
- Rest in a warm place until dough has doubled in volume ( approx 30 mins).
- Roll out into approx 8 inch disks.
Preheat oven to 250°C.
Smoked Salmon Calzone
- Cut the Aoraki Hot Smoked Salmon into 5 cm square chunks
- Toss in a bowl with the ricotta cheese, sliced fennel, red onions, chopped sage and peppers
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place a handful of the mixture in the center of the calzone disks, brush the edges with water and fold over and pinch to seal
- Slice the chorizo into 5 mm thick pieces
- Toss in a bowl with the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, brown onion, garlic, olives and coriander
- Place a handful of the mixture in the Center of the calzone disks, brush the edges with water and fold over and pinch to seal
Brush the exterior with a little olive oil and place in the oven until golden brown (approx 13 minutes)
Serve or freeze for a future reheat.
Product used in this recipe.
150g Peter Timbs Hot Chorizo (or mild if spice isn’t your thing)
Aoraki Wholegrain Mustard & Mānuka Honey
1 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
1/2 Cup Warm Water
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Dessert spoon Olive oil
200g Ricotta Cheese
1-2 Bell peppers, sliced
Small bunch sage, chopped
1 Red onion, sliced
1 Fennel bulb, sliced
1 Punnet Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Brown onion, sliced
1 Cup Black olives, pitted
1 Small bunch Coriander, chopped
3-5 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Cups Mozzarella cheese, grated